[product name]: nitric acid
[Molecular formula]: HNO3
[Molecular weight]: 63.01
[Performance]: Strong oxidizing, strong corrosive, soluble in water.
[Main use]: Mainly used in the manufacture of compound fertilizers such as ammonium nitrate, calcium ammonium nitrate, nitrophosphate, ammonia, phosphorus and potassium. It is also a raw material for the production of nitrates such as calcium, copper, silver, cobalt and cerium. It can also be used to prepare nitrates. Class or nitro-containing explosives.
(1) The organic industry is used to produce nitro compounds such as tetranitromethane, nitroethane, 1-nitropropane, and 2.4-dinitrophenoxyethanol.
(2) The dye industry is used for the synthesis of dye intermediates such as p-nitroanisole, 4.4-dinitrodiphenyl ether, p-nitrophenol, and 2.5-dichloronitrobenzene.
(3) The coating industry is used to manufacture nitro varnishes and nitro enamels.
(4) The pharmaceutical industry is used to manufacture intermediates such as nitroacetophenone, p-nitrobenzaldehyde, and p-nitrobenzoic acid ethyl ester.
(5) Printing and dyeing industry is used for indigo color printing.
(6) An intermediate used in the rubber industry for the manufacture of rubber accelerator M.
(7) The raw material cyclohexanone used in the plastics industry for the manufacture of adipic acid and caprolactam.
(8) In the metallurgical industry, it is used for separating precious metals and extracting rare earth metals, as well as pickling of steel pipes and brass.
[Packing, Storage and Transportation]: Packaging Mark: Corrosive. Sub-marker poison.
Packing method: (I) class. The wooden box outside the glass bottle is lined with non-combustible materials, acid-resistant altar wood box, aluminum drum or stainless steel drum. Storage and transportation conditions: The storage area should be isolated from other warehouses, well ventilated, protected from light, and away from heat sources. Use acid-resistant floor. A large number of storage areas should have walls or gates to prevent outward spread in case of leakage. A neutralizer is also available. A fire hydrant and an oxygen gas mask should be provided outside the reservoir to respond to first aid. Operators should wear protective clothing (including protection for eyes, face, hands and arms) and be made of acid-resistant materials. When handling, it should be lightly loaded and unloaded to prevent impact, vibration, and skewing.
[Safety]: Nitric acid is oxidizing and corrosive regardless of the concentrated solution, so it is very dangerous to people. It can cause severe burns only when it is splashed on the skin. When the skin is exposed to nitric acid, it will slowly turn yellow. Finally, the yellowed epidermis will peel off (the contact between nitric acid and protein will cause the yellow protein to deteriorate and denature.